Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day

Didn't write yesterday because of a severe case of water heater.  It went out and I had the joy of replacing it.  Enough said.

I had planned to look back a bit yesterday, it being the last day of 2010.  In short, it was an important year for New Life and for me personally.  We came into 2011, fresh off settling into our new location and new identity.  This year has been a time of consolidation and "catching our breath."  I am confident that 2011 will now be a great year of progress.  On Thursday, I outlined some of the ways we will begin this New Year.  In my heart, OUTREACH and ONE MIND are foremost.  It is as if the Lord says to us, "Whatever you together set your mind toward, you can accomplish."  That is both an exciting and a frightening proposition.  It demands that we have the MIND OF CHRIST! 

For me, 2010 was a very different year.  I set myself to finish a task.  By the grace of God, I did it.  I accomplished a life-goal of getting my doctorate.  In retrospect, I must say that it skewed my entire year.  I was forced to place the proverbial nose to the grindstone.  But, thankfully, it is done!  Praise God!!  I am now looking into publication of my dissertation.  That would be a great next step. 

Tomorrow, Sunday, Jan. 2, will gather for the first time in 2011.  I am looking forward to the adventure of seeing what God will do this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment