Monday, January 16, 2012

A Supernatural Walk

"One Year Bible" New Testament Passage
Matthew 11:7-31

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 (NKJV)

Walking with God is a supernatural walk! It simply does not make natural sense. It involves strength that is made perfect in WEAKNESS. It calls us to LOSE our lives so that we can GAIN them. We are called to die so that we can live.

This just does not make natural sense. For most of us, life is full of burdens and trials. Stress is at epidemic level. It seems the entire world is WORN OUT.

So, Jesus steps into the scene and declares, "Here! I'll help you. I'll give you a new burden to carry. It's called 'My yoke'." Instead of reducing our labor, it seems He's adding a new challenge. But look closer!

Jesus does not say that He will give us a new burden. He invites us to join up with His burden - His yoke. It never becomes ours. It will always be His and He alone can carry it. We get under His care and we get a two-fold benefit. We no longer have to carry the load, but we get the benefit of His effort. His purposes for us are perfect, and He brings them to pass. Such is the joy of a supernatural walk with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment