Two aspects of this verse:
1. Calling on the Lord
2. The Lord calling us.
SOME WILL ESCAPE
Question: Has anyone here had a really bad day in the past two weeks?
1. Sick all week
2. Went to lunch Wed at Daq’s and someone hit my car
3. Picked up furniture and had red flecks all over it
Title of the message is “Signals”. We are getting signals all the time. How do we call out for help?
Illustration #1: Lady at Piccadilly
Illustration #2: Caught in the Intersection
Question #1: When the alarm bells start going off, what are you supposed to do?
Industrial or Military:
Old School Bell:
How do you signal for help?
Clip from Castaway
David Robinson: Cast Away is an intelligent, understated movie, a convincing parable reflecting somewhat ambiguously on our times.
A. How do you signal for help when…
1. Your marriage is falling apart
2. You’re overwhelmed with life
3. You don’t know if anyone cares
4. You want to quit
5. You’re scared on the inside
6. You don’t feel you can trust anyone any more
7. You feel like you about to lose it all
Four things happen in this verse:
1. Hard work
2. Nets bursting
3. Call for help
What do you do when the doctor tells you something you don’t want to hear?
You might be thinking: HOW DID I GET INTO THIS MESS?
What signals is God sending you right now?
What signals are you sending?
How is Jesus coming to you now?