Sunday, August 18, 2013

ONE FOCUS: "One Person at a Time"

Here are the notes from today's message at New Life Community Church.  This was the third in the series ONE FOCUS and is entitled "One Person at a Time"  If you desire to listen to this message you may do so by going to our website at www.newlifesite.com.  God bless!

One Focus, Part 3                                                                               Sunday, August 18, 2013
 “One Person at a Time”



By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”  John 13:35 (NASB)

Keep it SIMPLE

We do life together…
            LOVE GOD
            LOVE EACH OTHER
            LOVE THE WORLD

As Christians, we are called to make a difference in our world.  We have a simple plan to help you become a force to change the world.

Last week, Mike Walker described ONE by saying that we want you to “make a commitment to God to reach one person this year.”  This involves praying for the Lord to show the one person, then loving them – finding ways to be a friend – there are a thousand ways to express the love of God.  During all of this, we will be equipping you with tools to be able to effectively bring Jesus to your friend.  We are asking you to invite them to church.  In the process, the Holy Spirit will be working to bring the message of Jesus to their heart.

A couple of weeks ago I shared about how it all begins with one. 

What begins???  Changing the World!  Changing your world!

18 While walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon (who is called Peter) and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen. 19 And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” 20 Immediately they left their nets and followed him.  Matthew 4:18-20 (ESV)

But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth.  Acts 1:8 (Amplified)


Three parts to every trial:  the prosecuting attorney, the defense attorney, and the witnesses.

1.     Become AWARE

Video:  The Apostle

Aware of three things:
Ø  Aware of what you’ve got.
Ø  Aware of what the world does not have.

16 From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 18 All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.  II Corinthian 5:16-19 (ESV)

Ø  Aware of the process.
James F. Engel


I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.  I Corinthians 3:6 (NKJV)


2.     Make a commitment to PRAYER



Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.  Luke 10:2 (NKJV)

John 6:44.  That the Father draws them

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.  John 6:44 (NKJV)

II Co. 4:4  That God opens their eyes

whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.  II Corinthians 4:4 (NKJV)

Isaiah 43:4  Know how much God loves them

Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you;  Therefore I will give men for you, And people for your life.

Ephesians 1:17  Know God’s plan for their life

that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,


3.     Show them you CARE


19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.  I Corinthians 9:19-23 (NIV)


4.     Be ready to SHARE


But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,  I Peter 3:15 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment