Sunday, June 12, 2011

When the World Comes Calling

"One Year Bible" Old Testament History Passage
I Kings 9:1-10:29

"Now when the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the Lord, she came to test him with hard questions." I Kings 10:1 (NKJV)

Solomon was an incredibly wise leader. His wisdom was reflected in the way he led Isreal and in the manner in which he ordered his kingdom. Things were done the right way. It was beautiful to behold.

This is a message to us today. God wants us to bring to the world the ULTIMATE MESSAGE: the Gospel. He also wants us to display to the world the right way to live! Solomon not only knew the truth, he also DISPLAYED the truth. This is a high calling!

The queen of Sheba in this passage is symbolic of THE WORLD. The world comes to us with "hard questions". Truly this happening in our day. Solomon was able to answer those questions. WE MUST BE READY TO ANSWER THE HARD QUESTIONS BEING ASKED IN OUR DAY!

This requires a higher level of believing and living. We are called to not only speak and believe the truth, but also to demonstrate the truth. This is the great challenge of our day. May we rise to it!

1 comment:

  1. I pray my walk reflects a vibrant relationship with the Lord. I may have my moments wherein I fight/struggle with the Lord over my disability, but it is by His grace He reveals to me its because the world is knocking hard at my door of reality. I'll never walk worldly again and thus I don't fit in. My greatest battle is fitting in as a person with a disability. It's hard for some people to fit in my world. So I live in a Catch 22 existence. But I'm always His. And for that I am eternally grateful.

    ReplyDelete