Wednesday, June 27, 2012

You Are Not Alone

"One Year Bible" New Testament Passage
Acts 18:1-22

Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, “Do not be afraid, but speak, and do not keep silent; 10 for I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city.” Acts 18:9-10 (NKJV)

One of Satan's major strategies against each of us is to convince us that we are alone.  Satan wants to isolate you and tell you that no one cares and no one will help.  This is one of Satan's primary tools as he seeks to neutralize or destroy the follower of Jesus.

These are the voices that speak in the middle of the night and tell you that you are unappreciated, unloved, uncared for.  It tells you that no one understands your unique situation -- and therefore, you are all alone.  Anyone who seeks to follow Jesus must be aware of this because it is a trap that can put poison in your spirit if you let it.

Paul had faithfully served Jesus, but he found himself alone and in danger.  It was at this time that Paul found a wonderful truth of which the Psalmist wrote: When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take care of me. (Psalm 27:10)  The Lord is your help! 
There is one and only one who truly understands and who will never leave you: the Lord Almighty!  We are so glad to have good friends who will walk through the tough times with us, but NOTHING can take the place of the Lord and the Lord alone.

Right now, there are many people around you and near you who care very much for you.  God told Paul, "I have many people in this city."  This is an encouragement!  But, the greatest help is from the Lord Himself.  He says, "I am with you.  I will help you.  I will guard you."  YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment