Sunday, August 10, 2014

DESPERATION: "My Greatest Need"

Here are the notes from the message at New Life Community Church, Sunday, August 10, 2014.  If you desire to listen to this message, you may do so by going to our website at www.newlifesite.com.  God bless!

Desperation, Part 2                                                   Sunday, August 10, 2014
“My Greatest Need”


28 “And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.  Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.  29 Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days.  30 I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke.  31 The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord  Joel 2:28-31 (NIV)


And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the Lord has said, even among the survivors whom the Lord calls.  Joel 2:32 (NIV)

“Desperate times call for desperate measures.”


21 Days of Prayer and Fasting

The commandment to get in touch with the Holy Spirit.

16 making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, 20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,  Ephesians 5:16-20 (ESV)

And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”  Luke 24:49 (ESV)

The Holy Spirit is a PERSON.

Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: John 16:7-8 (ESV)

The Holy Spirit WORKS.

Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts. Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain. And he shall bring forward the top stone amid shouts of ‘Grace, grace to it!’”  Zechariah 4:6-7 (ESV)

Inward motivation.

To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.  Colossians 1:29 (NIV)

But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out his special favor on me—and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by his grace.  I Corinthians 15:10 (NLT)

The Holy Spirit EMPOWERS.


how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.  Acts 10:38 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment