Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Uniqueness of Christianity

"One Year Bible" New Testament Passage (for Sun., Sept. 16, 2012)
Galatians 2:17-3:9

20 
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 
21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes
 through the law, then Christ died in vain.” Galatians 2:20-21 (NKJV)

The biggest question in the universe is, "How can fallen, sinful, polluted men be made right with a perfect, holy God?" The answer of the Gospel is GRACE and GRACE ALONE. The answer of religion is LAW and HUMAN EFFORT. 
It is in this light that true Christianity is UNIQUE. Judaism requires the keeping of the law. Islam requires surrender to the Koran. Buddhism requires selfless detachment. Hinduism calls for endless ritualism toward a vast host of gods. Christianity says that Jesus HAS DONE IT ALL FOR YOU and He will LIVE HIS LIFE OUT THROUGH YOU. 

Christianity is not a LADDER that we climb. It is the POWER OF GOD that carries us. It is radically simple. 

I am dead. 

He is alive in me. 

I have life and power now only through Him. 

I am not asked to define my relationship by rules. I am called only to love the One who has saved me. He is now the center - the sun around which my life orbits. In Him we live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment