Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Walking in Freedom

"One Year Bible" New Testament Passage (for Wed., Sept. 19, 2012)
Galatians 5:1-12


Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage Galatians 5:1 (NKJV)



"If Christ has set me free, why do I feel so in bondage?" This is the cry and confession of very many followers of Christ.   There is a dramatic dilemma every believer must face. It is the difference between what I BELIEVE and what I EXPERIENCE. 

We believe and confess that we are free in Christ (and this is very true).  At the same time we might live with paralysing fear, with heart-hardening hatred, with the crushing weight of condemnation. 

There are strong forces that seek to draw the free man back into slavery. Though we have found a glorious liberation, yet there is a treacherous trap that seeks to ensnare us and return us to prison. 

We are called to cling to the Cross. The Cross is the source and strength of our liberation. Though it seems too simple, the stance that conquers is not effort or will-power. It is FAITH in the One Who has won this war. IN HIM we are free.

When this reality fills my mind and grips my heart, I find that I am truly and fundamentally a free man. The temporary distractions of temptation or trial CANNOT destroy my freedom. Therefore, I will walk in that which God has done. I am free.


No comments:

Post a Comment