Thursday, August 9, 2012

God and Your Bod

"One Year Bible" New Testament Passage (for Fri., Aug 10)
I Corinthians 6:1-20

 19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. I Corinthians 6:19-20 (NKJV)

There is something sacred about our physical bodies. That might sound a bit amazing to us considering how "out of shape", beat up, and worn out we sometimes feel. 

Most people in some way really dislike the body that God gave them. It's either too short, or too tall, too fat, or too thin. It doesn't look the way we think it should look. So, we worry over it; starve it; exercise it; dress it up. But still, we don't see our bodies as God does. 

Scripture says that your body is the container of a most precious cargo. It is the residence of royalty. It is the chosen vehicle for the transport of the power of God. 

It's this way: God wanted to walk among men. Through His one and only Son, He purchased many sons. He bought a fleet of transport vehicles. They are our physical bodies. 

We are commanded to care for our bodies as a direct act of worship and obedience to God. It's really not yours anymore. You are bought with a price. 

It is good, therefore, to give back to God that which He has purchased. Lord, I give you my eyes....my mouth....my hands....my feet....my appetites....my entire being. I do this as an act of worship to bring You glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment